Friday, February 4, 2011

Dreams

“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'” ~~ George Bernard Shaw

Do you remember when you were a kid and dreamed of being a ballerina or a fireman? Then twenty years later you pass a fire truck or go watch a ballet and think, what the heck happened to my dreams?

What did ever happen to our dreams? More than likely they began to slip away as we grew older and focused more on friends, school, growing up kind of stuff but I bet somewhere along the way we heard our dreams were crazy.  Somewhere along the way we started believing we should not dance to the beat of a different drummer.


How many times do we ourselves focusing on the negative instead of the positive? How many times do we tell ourselves we are grownup’s now with responsibilities and so we don’t have time to dream? I know I use to do this very thing.  I dreamed of being a writer and was discouraged by some, encouraged by others but the discouragement far outweighed the encouragement.  Then one day I just decided I was going to stop listening to the negatives inside my head.  Not allow others to discourage me and I started writing again.  I’m doing what I love and regardless of whether I am hugely successful or just do okay, the important thing is I’m finally following a long lost dream and in doing so, it made my world brighter.


 I say dance! Dance to the beat of a different drummer.  Find your inspiration.  Follow your dreams, it’s never too late to do so, and never stop believing you can achieve, you can succeed.  And most important of all, you can reach your dream even if your dream is to be that drummer.






London Saint James

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALPHA'S ALPHA by ELYZABETH M. VALEY

Blurb Lee never thought he’d find his mate at a club, but even less so, did he expect him to be, Alkaline, the leader of the maf...