Skip to main content

AUTHOR KELLY YEAKLE

I am so excited to have author Kelly Yeakle here with me today.  Kelly has a new book, Forbidden Desires, released from Evernight Publishing.


Forbidden Desires:
When Dani meets the delicate beauty that is Carmen she knows instantly that she wants her, in her life and in her bed. But can Miss. Commitment phobic look beyond the sex to see the woman beneath?
To Carmen the wildly beautiful Dani is a new and exciting friend, what she hadn't counted on is the simmering desire she feels when in Dani's presence. As her relationship with her boyfriend sours Carmen begins to wonder if there is more to Dani than she realizes.
Should she give in to this, the most forbidden of desires?

Thanks so much Kelly for stopping by and chatting with me about your work and your new book, Forbidden Desires.  I know I can’t wait to hear about your new book so let’s just jump right in.

What genre or genres do you write in and what draws you to write in them? 
So far I've tapped into the paranormal realm, contemporary, and now lesbian romance.  I prefer to write paranormal most of all.  It's fun to create my own world and put a twist on how vamps, weres, shifters, etc are viewed.
I love each genre you have mentioned J

Tell us, what was the inspiration for writing Forbidden Desires? 
Forbidden Desires was really a challenge to myself.  I'd never written anything other than the normal m/f connection.  I wanted to see if I could write f/f and write it well, and I believe I did a pretty successful job. 

Give us just a little bit more information about your Characters in Forbidden Desires. 
Carmen is the girl who has never been sexually interested in another female.  She's a little naive and on the shy side at first, but soon discovers that trying something new isn't always a bad thing.  Dani is more aggressive and not afraid to go after what she wants.  However, she lets Carmen come to her.
Sounds great, can’t wait to read it.

Do you find it challenging to write f/f stories?
 In the beginning it was very challenging to write, but as the story progressed it became easier.  I got in tune with my characters and let them tell their story to me, then I pieced it together, spiced it up a little and hope my readers connect with them.

I totally appreciate how you said, “I got in tune with my character and let them tell their story…” As a writer I so agree.  Our characters do tell their story.  That being said, I’ve been asked this question so I’m going to throw it out there for you, *Winks.* When you write, do you identify with the characters you create, do they become “real” to you as you write about them? 
I definitely connect with my characters.  In fact I put a little of myself into each story I write.  It might be a phrase the character says that I say in real life, a bad habit I have like blowing bubbles when I chew gum, lol, or the way I feel when something happens in my own life.  I think it's fun to have your character hold a little part of you and makes it easier to write the story when you can think like them or have them think like you.  :)

Where do you see the (f/f) genre heading? 
I think that f/f will be on the rise in years to come.  It's not something you see every day in the writing world, but I think as people open their minds to new things, it will become more popular.

Do you have a favorite character which you have written about, one who just stands out? 
My favorite character I've ever written was Maggie from my book Timeless.  She was a smart ass, but also loving and easy to connect with.  I'd like to write her story sometime in the future, and I might, only time will tell :)

Who are some of your favorite writers? 
I absolutely love Nora Roberts.  I haven't read one single book of hers I haven't liked.  She knows how to weave a good love story, and usually mixes it with some traumatic events and crazy drama.  I also love Rachel Caine and Kerrelyn Sparks.  Then of course some newer writers on the scene, you included, Emma Shortt, Robin Wright, and Sarana Dewylde just to name a few.
Great writers! Aww… thanks for including me in such a great list, I’m honored.

What are some of your favorite books?
Love The Morganville Vampires series, The Sookie Stackhouse novels, and everything Nora.
 *Smiles* Awesome books! Ahh… love me some Sookie, Sookie, now!

What’s on your current reading list? 
Right now I'm reading Three Fates by Nora Roberts.  I have Green Witch by Alice Hoffman and Pretty Little Devils by Nancy Holder on my to be read list.  Then of course there are tons of stories I'm hoping to read from my fellow authors at Evernight Publishing.

Tell us a little bit about your other titles? 
The Legacy Keeper's Treasure is a love story based in Ireland surrounding a castle and hidden treasure.  I think my readers can really connect with the heroine and will enjoy the classic love story elements I've included.  Timeless is a vampire novel about a woman who has her heart set on being a famous magazine writer and gets caught up in a whirlwind romance with a vampire who claims to be her soul mate.  I have a short story coming out in the Midnight Seduction anthology that EP will be putting out in October about a witch who gets more than she bargained for when she tries a new spell, and a short called The Sweetest Gift about a young woman who goes home after years of being away from her family and reunites with her high school love which will come out with Decadent Publishing in December.

What can your fans expect to see from you in the near future? 
I'm always writing, trying new angles, discovering new characters.  I hope to continue to keep my readers interested by trying new things, and also to continue to write shorts for anthologies as opportunities present themselves. 

I know I am excited to be included with you in an upcoming Halloween Anthology called Midnight Seduction published by Evernight Publishing.  My story Crimson Sin will be alongside you when the anthology is released in October 2011.  Do you want to give us a little teaser about that story in Midnight Seduction? 
As I mentioned above, Trixie is a witch who tempts fate and casts a spell to find her forever love, only a mixed up ingredient doesn't bring her the man she expected.  The question is will she embrace what she's been given or end up with nothing but a trick for Halloween?

Thanks again Kelly for stopping by and chatting with me.  I have you added to my “to read” list.  I know I will love every moment of your book.  I wish you all the best with your new book, Forbidden Desires, and with your writing career.  Stop by and chat with me again anytime you wish.
You can find out more about Kelly Yeakle and her work at:
and on Facebook, Kelly Yeakle

Thank you London for letting me stop by and talk about my new release and other writing projects.  It's always exciting when something new hits the shelves for readers!
You are more than welcome, it has been my pleasure!
London

Leave a comment with your email address and you could win a free PDF copy of Forbidden Desires.  One person will be chosen at random.

Comments

  1. Great interview! This sounds like a fantastic read, Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing such an awesome job Kel!!

    babydoll_love_99@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, London! I love hearing about an author's journey and getting a chance to win their books. :-) Best of luck, Kelly! Please enter my name in your draw.
    Lorraine Nelson
    lornel@xplornet.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interview and the book sounds awesome. Count me in, please!

    chamblinh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was an excellent interview, Kelly, I feel like I really got to know you more. Your writing sounds so intriguing. I am definitely going to be reading the books you mentioned. My question for you is this, now that you have written a F/F story do you think you would ever write a M/M fantasy? There are so few GOOD stories in this genre that I have found. The Best in my opinion was done by Mercedes Lackey in The Last Herald Mage trilogy. My dream come true book would be M/M Fantasy, Magic, Time Travel and Romance which would be something like; Last Herald Mage meets Three Sisters Island Trilogy (by Nora Roberts)meets The Outlander Series (by Diana Gabaldon)! I know it is a hefty order, but I have a ton of ideas I would be happy to share! Thanks again for sharing yourself and your wonderful work. Best Wishes, Frank
    Rescuedrelicsone@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Vampire Bites @erzabetbishop #Giveaway

Vampire Bites Box Set Sanguine Shadows: A Curse Workers Novella by Erzabet Bishop Only available in the Vampire Bites Box Set!

Blurb: Sanguine Shadows A Curse Workers Novella
Ball gowns and bite marks… Mari Di Bartolo was a witch coming back to her roots in Salem. Juggling work and school, she is a woman on a mission until she is attacked one night after work and left for dead. When Mari is about to step through the veil, she is given a choice-become a vampire or fade away. She chooses life. Nevertheless, it’s not her new Sire that holds Mari’s attention, but the strange and enigmatic Fae with the golden green eyes. Full of mischief and mayhem, the night of the Vampire Ball is upon her and all that glitters may just be her teeth in the moonlight. Darkness lurks in the shadows… Fenris is the Captain of the Guard for the Queen of the Dark Court. For centuries he’s secured the barrier between the human world and Faery, part of a Protectorate that keeps humans blissfully ignorant of the beings hid…

Ever So Madly by J.R. Gray #Giveaway

Availabe for Pre-order! Every Single Part of You #Cinder #Amazon #Kindle

Yay! *Throws confetti* Every Single Part of You is now available for pre-order on Amazon!