Skip to main content

Author Spotlight Karyn Gerrard

Author Karyn Gerrard is here today on my Authors Spotlight.  She will be giving away one PDF copy of her new book, Black Lust, which released today from Evernight Publishing.


For your chance to win you will need to leave a comment or question on this blog along with your email address, and you must be a follower of both my London’s Scribbles blog and Karyn’s site  http://www.karyngerrard.com/
The winner will be picked at random and will be announced on November 25, 2011

BLURB:
Lucius Black lives a debauched and wild nightlife. Being a ‘Quarter’ (1/4 vampire), blood and sex are what he is. However, his existence wears thin after a century of hedonistic pleasure.
Trevina Patterson lives a quiet, happy life running a hair salon in a village on the east coast of the United Kingdom. It was a perfect life and all she could ask for, until a chance encounter with Lucius Black.
What was it about him that was so unsettling and yet so attractive?
For Lucius, no woman had ever been enough, until Trevina. She awakened in him feelings he had not thought possible. Passions considered by him to be little more than vampiric mythology. She awakened his...black lust.
EXCERPT:
 Trevina strolled up the stone walkway and knocked at the door. It was ajar, so she stuck her head in. “Hello? Anyone here?”
No one answered so she took a hesitant step across the threshold. Oh brilliant, it had hardwood floors and a fireplace. She felt the nearby wall, plaster, but with a fresh coat of paint. It was clean and bright. She imagined where she would place her few sticks of furniture when a deep voice boomed from the hallway.
“Who the hell are you, and what do you want?”
Her head turned toward the direction of the irritated voice. Her breath caught in her throat. A stunning looking man stood opposite her, his legs apart, and his arms crossed. He was in black leather from his long coat to the skin hugging leather pants and black boots. A tight black T-shirt accentuated rock-hard pectorals.
Trevina assumed this stunner looked like a fallen angel or a sexy demon, maybe both. At least that is how they seemed in the movies and on the telly. He had full red lips no man should possess and a scruffy days-old beard and chiseled handsome features. But it was his eyes, the same silver-gray as the sky over a stormy North Sea. They were very large and expressive, framed by long black eyelashes. She imagined the lashes were as soft as mink. He appeared dangerous, and she should be scared, but those eyes had her locked in a searing sexual Svengali-like gaze. He exuded perilous detachment. Impenetrable, guarded, and shielded from emotions. Why she sensed all that, she had no idea.
Instead of running to her scooter for safety, she stepped forward holding out her hand. “Trevina Patterson. Do you own this lovely cottage?”
The man stared down at her hand as if deciding whether to take it. He uncrossed his arms, took her hand and shook it. His hand was large, masculine, and very warm. His touch almost brought her to her knees it was so potent. His thumb stroked the top of her hand in a gentle circular motion. A slight sly smile curved his ruby red lips. She tried to bite back a moan but a shaky exhale escaped her throat. He let go of her hand. She felt anger mix with the intoxicating attraction. Did he get off making women react to him, especially women who were not beautiful? She knew she wasn’t. She accepted her blunt-plain features years ago; it saved her plenty of heartache.
“No, it belongs to a cousin of mine. I was looking at it, deciding if I was going to rent it. Why do you ask, Trevina?”
He used her first name. Oh, he was skilled at seduction. It dripped like molten honey in his voice, and she noticed he didn’t have a British accent. She moved closer to him. She would show this sexy leather clad demon she wasn’t intimidated. She looked up at him. Bloody hell, he was tall. “I would like to rent it myself. What’s your name?”
He crossed his arms again, a defensive posture to be sure. “Lucius Black.”
She couldn’t help but smile. The name fit him like a leather glove.
He cocked an eyebrow. “Something amusing?”
She bit her lower lip. “No. Nothing. So I’m out of luck apparently.”
He shifted his stance so he was, just inches away. Her breasts brushed by his impressive muscular chest causing a gush of liquid between her legs. He stared down at her, and his warm breath fanned her cheeks like the incendiary breath of a dragon. A damned sexy one. He exuded a spicy, woodsy scent that was bloody appealing. Warm flickering flame, fire and brimstone perhaps?
“I would not say that,” he whispered sensually.

Buy Links:



Super Excerpt! Thanks for sharing it with us.  Tell us a little bit more about the characters in this book.  Where did the inspiration to write about them come from?
Hi London, thanks for having me! I have always been fascinated with the concept of vampires, the immortality question, the many lives and lies they have to endure. My hero Lucius Black is a Quarter, or one-quarter vampire, so while he deals with the blood/sex lust of having some vampire blood, he is also human. He is in a category all his own in his clan and a bit of a loner because of it. The heroine Trevina Patterson is not a raving beauty, she is just an ordinary girl caught up in a sexy supernatural whirlwind.
What genre/genres do you prefer to write in?
 Historical is my first love, but of my three current/upcoming releases, I have written a time travel/fantasy, a paranormal and a contemporary. I don't like to categorize myself in any one genre or sub-genre.
How would you explain your writing style?
 I have been thinking of that a lot lately, I like to think of myself as an erotic romance writer, hot sensual. I wouldn't classify myself as full-bore Erotica.
Do you do anything specific when writing, like an outline or do you just jump in and start writing?
 I am a total panster, I do create the characters first, and have a very vague idea where the story will end up. Then I just sit and type and let the characters and story take me on a journey. Sometimes it takes me in directions I never dreamed. I love to plot~
Which authors inspire your own writing?
 Every romance writer I have ever read, no kidding! But If I were to choose a few, it would be the historical writers I discovered when I first started reading romance 5 years ago. Yep, even though I am a voracious reader, I only started reading romance recently. So Mary Balogh, Lisa Kleypas, Anna Campbell, Elizabeth Hoyt just to name a few.
What are you currently reading?
 Just finished Gena Showalter's The Darkest Surrender, now have a few of Lorraine Heath backlist queued up next.
I love Gena Showalter's Lords Of The Underworld series :D
What book character do you find sexy and why?
 Oh I do love tortured heroes, either scarred inside or out or both. The loner, the man who puts up a wall around his heart. Guess that's why I do love paranormals. Those guys are tortured in spades! Also in historicals the dissolute rake, the detached duke, the war weary soldier. You can see a pattern here, lol!
*Smiles*
If your book Black Lust were made into a movie, who would you love to play the hero? Who would be your pick to play the heroine?
 Oh, Lucius Black is close to 6'5 in height so I will go with Jared Padalecki (Sam Winchester) from TV's Supernatural. Dye his hair black and you have Lucius! The heroine is a tougher choice, I liked the actress in The Source Code, Michelle Monaghan. She could be Trevina.

What can your fans expect to see from you in the near future?
 I have fans? lol! I would say more paranormal, historical, western, contemporary, and yes, more time travel!
Thanks so much for stopping by, Karyn.  I wish you all the best with your book sales and your continuing writing career.  You are more than welcome to come back to visit any time.
 Thanks London, you rock!
You can find out more about Karyn at:  

Comments

  1. Great interview. Can't what to read this, it's on my TBR with an exclamation point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, that excerpt was amazing! What an intriguing hook. Karyn you know I am your biggest fan...

    My question is this - what inspired you and how did you come up with your vampire mythos?

    ~ gayl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific interview! Hot excerpt! Definitely leaves me wanting to read more. Congratulations on your new release, Karyn, and best of luck. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the one-quarter vampire concept. Wishing you loads of sales Karyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Avery! I really hope your enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gayl! Your support has been amazing. I say in my dedication my mom used to get me up on school nights after midnight to watch those old horror movies, I saw Dracula 1931 with Bela Lugosi and have been hooked ever since. Bela brought real romance to the role even though his voice is a parody now. I think paranormal and romance are a great fit, and my mythos is a reflection of that, thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lorraine! For your best wishes and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview :-)

    Wishing you many sales Karyn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Elyza, the sequel is about his father who is half-vampire. If I ever get off my duff and start editing and submit it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new release! I love the excerpt and I know it's going to be a great story. I love emotional stories, and tortured male characters that just have that special something...the cover is hot, and I do so love your books...*S*
    Thank you so much for the invitation, and wishing you many, many happy sales.

    Darcy
    pommawolf @ hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Darcy!

    I also love emotional stories and tortured heroes, it's what I love to write! Wow, thanks for the wonderful words, that means a lot! ♥

    I agree tortured heroes have that special something!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the release, Karyn. Great job, London.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Vampires! They are my favorite paranormals, and probably always will be. Thanks for the excerpt & interview.
    June M.
    manning_j2004 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy release day and congratulations karyn.

    Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy release day and congratulations karyn.

    Well done ;)

    eli_y83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. June, I couldn't agree more about Vampires! Cheers and thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much Eli, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Summer Time Giveaway

Many of you are aware of my mother's passing in October of 2016 and some of the other things that have been keeping my writing progress slowed, but I am working hard on catching up with those writing projects that came to a screeching halt at the end of last year.

Book three in my Bad Boy Fever series is well underway. I will be pushing to have Bound by the Bad Boy completed and released this year. Book two in my Lost Boys series, Kiss of Fire and Frost is also well underway and another of my books I will be pushing to complete.

Because I really do appreciate my readers and fans, and I'm thankful for your patience with me, I am doing an It's Summer Time Giveaway. What's on the summer giveaway list?


A signed paperback copy of Spanked by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Claimed by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Rise of the Lost Prince A Kindle copy of Every Single Part of YouAnd a Kindle copy of my newest release, Always 
If you would like to check out the detai…

Hiring the Tiger - Heart of the Mountain by L.J. Longo

New Series from Evernight Publishing: Heart of the Mountain Hiring the Tiger

Mid Week Tease - Don't Stop Watching

*Waves* I know I've been gone from Mid Week Tease a long, long time. But I'm back!!! 





This week I've got a little something from Forever & Always, Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book Two which is soon to be released.

Enjoy!


Excerpt:

With the phone to his ear, Cayden turned and looked at me, his sapphire gaze roaming from the hair piled in a messy bun atop my head, to my bubble-gum-pink-painted toenails before he smiled. My heart thrummed. Reaching out, he pulled me onto his lap where I willingly went, and picked up a pen from beside my laptop. Then, he crooked his head, holding the handset to the cordless in place against his shoulder to free his other hand and took a hold of mine. Curious, I wondered what he was up to. Cayden turned my hand over, palm side up. Swiped his fingers softly over my palm once. Wrote, I Love U,boldly across it. And then he curled my fingers closed, securing the words tight within the palm of my hand before he moved his hands from mine and took hol…