Skip to main content

IN THE AUTHOR'S SPOTLIGHT

AUTHOR KELLY YEAKLE
Kelly Yeakle is a wife and mother of three small children, yet somehow finds the time to research and craft a great story. A lover of the outdoors, she enjoys showing her kids the magic that can be found when exploring nature and its beauty. To find out more about her, check out her blog where her life is an open book, no pun intended.

Books:
The Legacy Keeper’s Treasure
Timeless
Forbidden Desires
Trixie’s Treats in the Midnight Seduction Anthology
The Sweetest Gift, stand alone and available in the Yule Be Mine Anthology Volume 1
Santa’s Little Helper in The Stockings & Suspenders Anthology
TORN, coming in January 2012
In Waters Deep, coming in March 2012

Kelly’s newest book, The Sweetest Gift, published by Decadent Publishing.


If you were given one wish, a chance to change a single event from your past, present, or future, would you?

When Dylan arrives home to reconcile with her father before the Grim Reaper comes to sweep him away, she is given that exact opportunity. But the gift of one wish doesn’t come without a clear warning: “Everything in this life has a consequence. What you choose today could alter what might already be.”

With so many options to choose from, Dylan has to do some major soul searching and only has three months to decide. Should she take the risk of a wish that might not actually bring her happiness or leave her life in the hands of fate?


Genre: Paranormal romance, contemporary, fantasy, holiday
Heat level: 2
Word count – 16k
Cover art by Dara England

~Excerpt~
“Cole, what do you want to be when you grow up?” Her small hand fit perfectly in his as they lay on a blanket in the back of his beat-up pickup truck, parked at the rear of her father’s ranch. They looked up at the stars plastered across the late night sky.
“I don’t know. Something important, someone that people depend on,” he answered.
“Do you know what I want to be?” Dylan turned her face toward his.
“An actress?” he teased.
“No. Guess again.”
The moon cast a silver glow down upon them, and her eyes shone in its light when she spoke.
“A singer on Broadway? Maybe a dancer in Milan?” He laughed, knowing his ridiculous answers would annoy her.
“No. I want to design fashion some place amazing like New York. I want to see my name on the clothes that people wear. But do you know what I want more than fame and fortune?” She smiled at him.
“No.” He moved closer.
“I want to be your wife.” Her lips were inches from his, her breath sweet across his face. “I want to have lots of kids and a huge dog. We can have a summer home here in Texas, so we can visit our families.”
“That sounds like a pretty big wish list.” He laughed again, glad they both wanted the same basic things from life. “I can’t make you famous, but I could help you with all the other things you want.”
Dylan giggled, letting him pull her into his arms.





Comments

  1. I so want to read this...love the cover

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hiring the Tiger - Heart of the Mountain by L.J. Longo

New Series from Evernight Publishing: Heart of the Mountain Hiring the Tiger

It's Summer Time Giveaway

Many of you are aware of my mother's passing in October of 2016 and some of the other things that have been keeping my writing progress slowed, but I am working hard on catching up with those writing projects that came to a screeching halt at the end of last year.

Book three in my Bad Boy Fever series is well underway. I will be pushing to have Bound by the Bad Boy completed and released this year. Book two in my Lost Boys series, Kiss of Fire and Frost is also well underway and another of my books I will be pushing to complete.

Because I really do appreciate my readers and fans, and I'm thankful for your patience with me, I am doing an It's Summer Time Giveaway. What's on the summer giveaway list?


A signed paperback copy of Spanked by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Claimed by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Rise of the Lost Prince A Kindle copy of Every Single Part of YouAnd a Kindle copy of my newest release, Always 
If you would like to check out the detai…

Mid Week Tease - Don't Stop Watching

*Waves* I know I've been gone from Mid Week Tease a long, long time. But I'm back!!! 





This week I've got a little something from Forever & Always, Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book Two which is soon to be released.

Enjoy!


Excerpt:

With the phone to his ear, Cayden turned and looked at me, his sapphire gaze roaming from the hair piled in a messy bun atop my head, to my bubble-gum-pink-painted toenails before he smiled. My heart thrummed. Reaching out, he pulled me onto his lap where I willingly went, and picked up a pen from beside my laptop. Then, he crooked his head, holding the handset to the cordless in place against his shoulder to free his other hand and took a hold of mine. Curious, I wondered what he was up to. Cayden turned my hand over, palm side up. Swiped his fingers softly over my palm once. Wrote, I Love U,boldly across it. And then he curled my fingers closed, securing the words tight within the palm of my hand before he moved his hands from mine and took hol…