Skip to main content

Sam's Learning Curve by Eve Meridian

Thank you to my fellow HIS anthology author, London Saint James, for letting me crash your blog! I’m excited about my newest release with Evernight, and I’m hard at work on my next project. I know that you’re hard at work on a number of projects as well – and congratulations on your latest anthology project, The Crimson Rope.
 
My latest published piece is Sam’s Learning Curve. It is part of the multi-author Romance on the Go line offered by Evernight Publishing. It has a little bit of humor mixed in with some sexy scenes.
 
 
 
Sam is perfectly fine being single. She has a job that she loves and the company she works for is promoting her after she finishes her M.B.A. She has great friends and a newly found love of running. Then she meets Ben, the sexy bike builder who just moved back into town and is unlike anyone she’s ever dated. Can she overcome her fear of getting hurt again and the fear of riding motorcycles so she doesn’t miss out on a great guy? Is it finally time for Sam to learn how to love again?
 
 
~~~~~
 
          “So how was your first ride? Did you like it?” he asked as he walked up and stood beside her.
            She turned to him. “I loved it,” she said simply. “Thank you.”
            “You’re welcome.” Ben was glad. It seemed important to him that she liked riding. He didn’t know why, but he found himself drawn to her.
            “Seriously, I needed that. I guess I just didn’t know it.” She looked up at him with a smile playing on her luscious lips.
            “Glad to be of service, ma’am,” he said as he turned towards her.
            She closed the gap between them so that their bodies touched. Her chest was against his, and it felt like every point of contact between their two bodies was electrified. She had slid her sunglasses up on to her head, and he could see directly into her eyes.
He leaned down slightly, and the next thing he knew, their mouths were touching. Their kiss was tentative at first, but within seconds it grew. Her lips parted, and he slid his tongue into her mouth. She tasted sweet, and he leaned closer to her, wanting more. He felt her arms wrap around his neck and pull him in even closer. The next thing he knew, his hands were around her waist, grinding her body against his.
 
~~~~~
 
About the author:
 
I live in a small Ohio town with my military husband, two daughters, a neurotic cat named Max and a Lab/Newfoundland mix named Freyja. I’m an avid runner. I love writing (and reading) contemporary romances. Coffee and red wine are my two favorite food groups.
 
Here’s where I can be found online:
 
 
 
 
 
Evernight Publishing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Summer Time Giveaway

Many of you are aware of my mother's passing in October of 2016 and some of the other things that have been keeping my writing progress slowed, but I am working hard on catching up with those writing projects that came to a screeching halt at the end of last year.

Book three in my Bad Boy Fever series is well underway. I will be pushing to have Bound by the Bad Boy completed and released this year. Book two in my Lost Boys series, Kiss of Fire and Frost is also well underway and another of my books I will be pushing to complete.

Because I really do appreciate my readers and fans, and I'm thankful for your patience with me, I am doing an It's Summer Time Giveaway. What's on the summer giveaway list?


A signed paperback copy of Spanked by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Claimed by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Rise of the Lost Prince A Kindle copy of Every Single Part of YouAnd a Kindle copy of my newest release, Always 
If you would like to check out the detai…

Hiring the Tiger - Heart of the Mountain by L.J. Longo

New Series from Evernight Publishing: Heart of the Mountain Hiring the Tiger

Mid Week Tease - Don't Stop Watching

*Waves* I know I've been gone from Mid Week Tease a long, long time. But I'm back!!! 





This week I've got a little something from Forever & Always, Two Hearts, One Soul Duet: Book Two which is soon to be released.

Enjoy!


Excerpt:

With the phone to his ear, Cayden turned and looked at me, his sapphire gaze roaming from the hair piled in a messy bun atop my head, to my bubble-gum-pink-painted toenails before he smiled. My heart thrummed. Reaching out, he pulled me onto his lap where I willingly went, and picked up a pen from beside my laptop. Then, he crooked his head, holding the handset to the cordless in place against his shoulder to free his other hand and took a hold of mine. Curious, I wondered what he was up to. Cayden turned my hand over, palm side up. Swiped his fingers softly over my palm once. Wrote, I Love U,boldly across it. And then he curled my fingers closed, securing the words tight within the palm of my hand before he moved his hands from mine and took hol…