Thursday, January 2, 2014

Author Tralisa McNeal

 
 
I am pleased to have author Tralisa McNeal here with me today.  Welcome, Tralisa.

 
 


 
BLURB: My name is Stacey Jones. I honestly believe that my sole purpose for being on Earth is to establish a solid trusting relationship with a loving God so that I may spend an eternity with him in heaven. How can I build a connection with a God who sometimes seems evasive, unrealistic and egocentric? I should be ashamed to say this, but I've blessed and cursed Jesus in the same breath. Later, I'm asking for forgiveness. Is this too much information for the "perfect Christian"? I'm sure you've passed all tested trials with flying colors. You think this is a secret I should keep to myself? I disagree. I wish I could say life's been good and worth living, but there have been many days when I've begged the "Good Lord" to take me out of here. I've always been somebody's perfect victim. My questions scare the "ideal Christians." I pretend like everything's okay, singing songs of praise and worshipping a God I don't understand, who disappears just when I think I'm getting close to him. Rod believes this is blasphemy so I'm trapped. I look to heaven and scream, "Enough already." I don't want to go to hell. I've taken chances on Rod's convictions. But, now I've reached my spiritual bottom. His faith can no longer sustain me. I'm not ashamed to ask, "Will you trudge with me on this journey to find my God?

Thank you for joining me on my blog and allowing me to pick your brain. *Smiles* I promise it won’t hurt too badly. Tell us a little bit about the genre you write in?

I write in various genres. This book is realistic fiction, I also write poetry, fiction and nonfiction.

Why did you choose that genre?
I chose this genre because I have a lot in common with the protagonist but I chose to rewrite the ending which makes this story realistic fiction instead of nonfiction.

What got you into writing?
Life

I know I’ve been asked this question quite a bit so now I’m getting to ask *Winks.*  What do you say to those people out there who what to know how to break into writing, get their work published?

Just write. I have written so much more than I’ve published. I have written many books but I never imagined I would publish any of them.

Who are some of your favorite writers?

Nikki Giovanni, Danielle Steele, Eric Jerome Dickey, Judy Blume.(a big inspiration for my child hood writing) Zane

Some of your favorite books?
Love You Forever Robert Munsch, Go Ask Alice Beatrice Sparks

Tell us a little bit about your new book.
Love Me Sane is a book about one woman’s struggle to build a relationship with Jesus Christ after she’s raped.

Where did you find the inspiration for writing it?
Prior experience.

I love excerpts. Will you share one?

 “What?” I yell as I fall from the bed onto the floor landing on my butt.  The repercussions of last night’s self-induced coma. It’s my dorm room suite mate. We’re not roommates. Our only connection is the phone built in the wall in between the two rooms. I don’t like her, I’ve given her a name. I call her the klepto from Carmel. She’s a rebel without a cause. The blonde-haired, blue-eyed princess can go into any store and within a matter of minutes rob them blind. The store clerk is too busy following me around to notice she’s the one stealing. Being from a family of old money there’s no reason for her to steal.

“Telephone.” Timidly, she hands me the phone through the box. She’s tried on several occasions to befriend me, but I see no point in it. Her friends are the elite whiners, the ones who’d rather snort coke than smoke a joint, or drink a beer through a bong instead of out of a can. They’re so sneaky and manipulative they can as an old acquaintance used to say, “Piss in your face, tell you it‘s raining and have you believe it. I don’t like loud mouth people who talk so much they bring my buzz down. When I’m high, I’m mellow and laid back. 

While I’m on the floor, I reach up.  Thinking to myself if it’s my mother this time I’m gonna let her have it. For the last couple of months, she’s called me at 7:00 am. She knows something is going on with me. This makes me wonder how she missed the other signs.

“Hello.” I say.

“Hello Stacey.” Mother says. “What are you doing?”

“I’m sleeping.”

“Why is your neighbor always awake and you’re always asleep when I call?”

Along with the cottonmouth and the dizziness the agitation sets in.

“Because, I just got in.”

Feeling sick to my stomach from overdoing it last night while dancing, I lash out. I wonder what she’d say if she knew, I spent the night smoking pot, tripping on acid and eating mushrooms while dancing in a room full of perverted well to do old men? Who by the way paid a pretty penny for a lap dance and a three- minute erection.

“I’m calling to see how you’re doing.”

“I’m fine.”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye Mom, I love you.”

‘I love you too.”

I hang up the phone, and I climb back into bed. The next call is from my friend Stephanie, she calls a little after one. Stephanie is a cool, laid back white girl who like me has had her share of hard knocks. We’re so close she trusts me with her money. She’s how I got introduced to the game. I started going with her so I could collect her money. She was too high to do two things at once, like dancing and maintaining her cash flow. Stephanie and I got along so well because our personalities could totally relate to each other. Both of us were very laid back. We were only uptight when we needed to be, but not usually. We would have survived the hippie generation with ease. She had the looks of a beauty queen, but never high maintenance. It was easy for her to make a thousand dollars in one night. After a while, I began making the same amount of money. At first, I thought it was me riding on her coat tail. Then I realized white men are just as attracted to black women as black men are attracted to white women. Both races are curious about the unknown.

“Hey girl whatcha doing?” The only sentence she ever spoke where she sounded like a black girl. Equally comfortable in our own skin, we never tried to be each other. 

“I’m still lying down.”

“You’ve got to be kidding. It’s almost 2:00. What you still doing sleeping?”

“I’m tired as hell. What you doing up?”

“I’m calling to see if you wanna go shopping? I’d like to pick up some new teddies and go for a drink.”

“Okay, do you have any speed?”

“Yeah, I’ve got some Pink Hearts and Black Beauties.”

“Okay, meet me at my room. Don’t forget to bring me some energy.”

“Okay, see yaw in a bit.”

“Alright, later.”

I get up, grab my soap basket and shoes on my way to the shower. Still feeling groggy and slightly stumbling down the hall, the Carmel klepto says, “Are you okay?”

“Yeh, I’m fine. Hey listen, I’m sorry I was so mean to you this morning.”

“No problem.” She says.

After the shower, I take the elevator down the stairs, to stand in front of the all-girls dorm.

While I’m waiting, I smoke a cigarette.

 

If you could choose one book to make it to the Hollywood big screen, yours or an another you love, which book would you choose? Who would be casted?

I would choose Love Me Sane which is my book. I would love to see this book made into a movie. I would choose Denzel Washington for the minister. Hallie Berry for Stacey the protagonist. Stacey Dash for the daughter Kristen. Michael B. Jordan  to be Kristen’s fiancé. Angelina Jole would be the therapist Sydney. Tom Cruise would be Doctor Fink, Jennifer Anniston would be Stanley’s new girlfriend Gretchen.  Blair Underwood would be Stanley. Angela Bassett as Rayne, Gabrielle Union for Rayne’s daughter Autumn and a host of others….

 

What’s next? What can your fans expect to see in the future?

I am writing a sequel to Love Me Sane titled Beyond Transgressions. I am also writing a poetry book titled Lesson’s I’ve Learned. A nonfiction book titled Auntie Don’t Leave without Saying Goodbye

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I look forward to reading your book and wish you all the best with your writing career.  Come back and visit again.

 

You can find out more at:




 

You can buy at:



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lady of Thorns by Nicola M. Cameron

Hello, and thanks so much for having me on today! Lady of Thorns is the third book in a series that was never supposed to be a series. I’ve ...