Skip to main content

Scent of a Woman by Vallory Vance



The Language of Love

I’m a linguaphile – a lover of languages and words. I love the sounds, the accents, the inflections of the voices and the way certain words flow or bump into each other. Spanish, Italian, and Russian are three of my favorite languages. I listen to books and music in those languages without understanding a word…with the exception of a few phrases.

One of the best is ti voglio bene. It’s Italian and if you type it into Google Translate, you’ll be given – I love you. Literally it translates as I want well for you. The special meaning behind it is – regardless of me I want the best for you. That’s love isn’t it? But so much prettier to say.

In my first paranormal romance, Scent of a Woman, I got the opportunity to invent my own language, Ap-Muen. It is spoken by the puma-shifters who reside in the small town of Haziel, TX. And you guessed it; I had to give them their own version of ti voglio bene.

Ewan Hathorn, the Kai’lai of the Ap-Muea, explains to Ada Trevors: “Adua is a circle, ke’jah. It has no beginning and no end. Round and round it goes. Forever. Najo lako adua. I say your name is Love.”

Unfortunately for these two, adua shouldn’t be in their future and hence the story begins. I hope you’ll join Ewan and Ada to find out how it ends.

Luma da’i chui’ha (May the light of the moon be in your hands!)





Blurb

A certain scent wafted under Ewan Hathorn’s nose. He knew what it meant but did she?
Ada Trevors is searching through the canyons surrounding Haziel, Texas for an Ap-Muea—the man by day and the screeching cat by night. Though she doesn’t believe the legendary creature exists, she is certain the myth is based on something she can document.

From the moment Ewan meets Ada he recognizes her as something more unique than his adua, his fated love. She’s a witch, one beautiful enough to entice the ruler of the Ap-Muea Nation. However knowing that she’s too human to understand the future they would share, he resigns himself to another century of being alone. That is until Ada proves to be more powerful than he’d imagined and an Ap-Muea demands her death.

Together, Ewan and Ada must discover if the bonds of adua are strong enough to save them both.


Buy Links

Author Bio

Vallory Vance is a color inside the lines, Human Resources professional living in the Dallas / Fort Worth metroplex by day. After her family consisting of a husband of almost twenty years, three kids and two dogs have filled her evenings with laughter, she sits down to her laptop to write tales of the first moments of falling in love when nothing else seems to matter.

Find me blogging at Sweet and Sexy Romances

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Summer Time Giveaway

Many of you are aware of my mother's passing in October of 2016 and some of the other things that have been keeping my writing progress slowed, but I am working hard on catching up with those writing projects that came to a screeching halt at the end of last year.

Book three in my Bad Boy Fever series is well underway. I will be pushing to have Bound by the Bad Boy completed and released this year. Book two in my Lost Boys series, Kiss of Fire and Frost is also well underway and another of my books I will be pushing to complete.

Because I really do appreciate my readers and fans, and I'm thankful for your patience with me, I am doing an It's Summer Time Giveaway. What's on the summer giveaway list?


A signed paperback copy of Spanked by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Claimed by the Bad BoyA signed paperback copy of Rise of the Lost Prince A Kindle copy of Every Single Part of YouAnd a Kindle copy of my newest release, Always 
If you would like to check out the detai…

Transcending Fire New World Bikers by Casey Moss

On A Dark Tide by Naomi Clark

Thanks for having me here today! I'm excited to share my latest Romance on the Go, ON A DARK TIDE, a story I constantly (and probably annoyingly) referred to as the Creepy Ocean Story whilst writing it. I'm a mermaid at heart. I love the ocean, whatever the season, whatever the weather. Nothing makes me feel as at peace or inspired as sitting by the shore. ON A DARK TIDE is one of several stories and books I've written with the ocean at its heart, and it won't be the last.

My jokey reference to it as the Creepy Ocean Story got me thinking about other creepy ocean stories. ON A DARK TIDE was partially inspired by that idea that the deep, vast ocean is concealing a very alien and inhospitable world from us - and that maybe we don't want to uncover it's secrets.

These three books share that theme, and were all incredibly formative reads for me growing up. Enjoy!

1. DAGON

DAGON was one of the first stories Lovecraft wrote as an adult, back in 1917. Told from the poin…